Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Unsolderable wire?

"rickman" wrote in message
On 2/22/2016 1:57 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Looking at the chart of loss vs. frequency for Belden 1694A Coax I see
0.24 dB at 1 MHz, 3 dB at 270 MHz and 6 dB at 1000 MHz. I don't see
any factor for frequency in I^2R. I suppose this could be skin effect
increasing the conductor resistance.

How do you tell when the losses are mostly due to the dielectric?

If you really want to get into it, here is a place that gives the info.
Lots of math to look through. Much easier just to look at the chart for a
good indication of where the losses are.

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/art...hak-6-2014.htm