Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Here's a fun new metalworking/robotics/mechanics project

On 02/22/2016 12:26 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I replaced the 3ph motors on my machines with 1ph TEFC Weg motors on
the assumption that they'd be easier to dispose of when I needed to,
when I'm too old to be using them or swapping motors anymore.

Yeah, that's the alternative--was thinking given what 3ph stuff can
often be had for that a RPC would be a reasonable objective; then could
have multiple and less wiring hassle...and I don't know, I might yet
just bite the bullet once...just thought mayhaps Gunner or somebody
else't here might have a better solution than what I've come up with so
far...

I've got a couple large 1ph motors from various other applications on
the farm here that aren't being used any longer but they're 1725 instead
of 3450 rpm so don't fit the application.