Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default pocket doors

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:05:39 -0600, wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 20:59:57 -0600, philo wrote:

On 02/21/2016 08:55 PM, Micky wrote:

My house was built in 1898 and the pocket door still works.

When I purchased the place in 1979 the door was out about 2 feet and
jammed...but all I had to do was forcefully wiggle it a bit and it
freed-up and has worked ever since.

That's great. You probably saved money on the house because the door
was messed up. At least $20.

Multiply that by 1000

My house was in such bad shape it was $20K below anything else in the area.

Back then good houses were going for $50K

It needed a lot of work, that was 1979 and it's pretty nice today, but
it's a never ending process.

Now you need to get a computer that was built in 1898. That surly will
be a never ending process, to keep it running. Of course if it was made
in 1898, it will have Windows 98 installed.

The problem with using one of those is that many are steam-powered and
that means cutting wood and constantly having to add wood to the fire.