Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr.E Mr.E is offline

Default coupler vs extended lengths for EMT

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 22:56:01 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

I've got a ~20 ft (possibly longer, I'd have to check) run.
I can piece together two standard 10' lengths of EMT with
a coupler. Or, try to find a supplier for the extended lengths
available, locally (then, figure out how to get it home!).

The advantage of the longer length is no offsets in the
middle (for the coupler) -- just at the box ends.

OTOH, I can get crude and *route* a recess in the wooden
joist that's alongside the EMT so the "inside" bulk of
the coupler fits into that recess instead of lying *on*
that surface.

How "tacky" is this?

Use a setscrew coupling as it is much thinner.
--
Mr.E