Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Homeless

On Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 7:16:18 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 17:12:38 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I had a lot of problems with "Urban Campers" when I had an office and warehouse. They were like bears invading a neighborhood. They'd break into cars and buildings like foraging wild animals. Me and my brother pepper sprayed lot of them. o_O

Sort of like insect repellant.

We got the police issue pepper spray from a uniform supply company because it was a lot of paperwork and legal trouble to shoot and kill someone. We were friends with the CAP "City Action Patrol" who were a private security organization hired by downtown merchants to patrol the city center and augment the police patrols. The CAP guys told me that the majority of The Urban Campers were mentally ill or had been released from prison and there was little or no help available for them. Most of them avoided the church run shelters because there were simple rules like those prohibiting drugs and alcohol. I suppose a UC would rather sleep stoned or drunk under a bridge than in a warm clean bed at a church run shelter. I had to run them off all the time. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Mean Monster