Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Windows 10

On 02/21/2016 03:14 PM, wrote:
Of course - it is a "Norton" product. More specifically it is a
Symantec product - they have managed to take virtually every excellent
product line they have absorbed and turn it into an unmitigated
disaster in 2 revisions or less.

We had the mistaken impression that some clients were using Norton
Security so we installed it on a couple of machines for testing. That
was strictly the consumer version from Aunt Emily who doesn't have a
clue and needs to be protected from the cold, cruel world.

Symantec Endpoint is actually what out clients tend to use. As such, we
give them a list of directories that need to be excluded from the scans.
Still, Symantec sometimes quarantines a few of our executables and we
have to submit a request for them to keep their paws off.

McAfee is even worse. A little searching will turn up a video by John
McAfee that leaves no doubt about what he thinks of the mess they've
turned it into. Peter Norton isn't as **** house crazy as McAfee but I'd
imaging he has a few juicy comments about his namesake.