Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
news13 news13 is offline

Default PING: HP laserjet experts Help!

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:05:32 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:

There's a Samsung in the mix, but I purchased a Samsung a couple of
years back. Atrocious POS. A simple paper jam would typically take 30
mins to clear.

This is where simple text can not convey my similar loathing.
Our Samsung color laser seems to be racking up ~ $200/1,000 pages printed.

After owning 4 HP printers, I have always found that
paper jams are quickly and easily cleared. I a leaning towards HP for
that reason.

Our HP5simx went to ****ty print and the "service/maintenace" was ~$500
about a decade ago. Sits idle atm, despite having a new full toner
cartridge in it. Once HP could lock you it to their toner cartridges,
the $ went through the roof.

The real HP POS is/was the 4V. Its sinuous paper path was never popular
and even the service techs hated it. The first time it locked onto a mysterious
error, I paid for a expensive service call. Now, it is just another POS
for deconstruction.