Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default pocket doors

On 2/21/2016 5:43 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Whoever invented pocket doors must have been laughing to himself when
he considered the poor slob who has to repair them.

My 1967 house has three pocket doors and I have had to fix all three in
the eight years I've lived here. It's always the rear roller that
either falls off the track or the adjustment gets out of whack and the
inside part of the door drags on the floor. The one I have looks like
this:
http://www.allaboutdoors.com/images/products/25477.jpg

I spent the weekend tearing off the moulding around one of the doors
just to get to the rear roller. This time I modified the top frame so
I wouldn't have to take the entire moulding around the door off just to
get the top one off. It's finally all back together and the door rides
correctly. I'm hoping this is the last time for a while.

We have one pocket door in this house and I shudder to think we might
have to fix it some day.