Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Windows 10

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 12:20:10 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

I had an app (Ghost) that hung doing a simple directory look-up on a
machine after I added 8gb of memory.

Of course - it is a "Norton" product. More specifically it is a
Symantec product - they have managed to take virtually every excellent
product line they have absorbed and turn it into an unmitigated
disaster in 2 revisions or less.

It never hung until I added the
8 gig. At first I thought it was a permanent hang, but found that it
took a full 2 minutes to resolve its answer. Every time.
I quit using it when I found a suitable replacement.

I've quit using every symantec product I have ever used (and over the
years, that is a LOT of product) because there are better alternatives
to virtually everything they produce or market today - and half of
them are free!!!)