Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT Windows 10

On 2/21/2016 9:00 AM, philo wrote:
On 02/21/2016 08:54 AM, Don Y wrote:
resources making a BETTER PRODUCT"?]

Here is one anti-spy utility

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...10_spying.html

Plenty more out there.

If all they are doing is tweeking registry settings, then a good
article is just as effective for me. And, one less piece of
software that I'd have to install and maintain.

I have Win10 on one machine just for testing purposes, which isn't
really used
, so I am not concerned with spying

I thought it said it was portable, so you don't have to install it, but it can
tweak the settings a bit faster than if you did so manually.

I like to KNOW what a tool is doing. And, once I "make the adjustment"
the first time, the changes (along with the rest of the installed
software) will just be cloned onto new machines. So, you
only "save" once.

I build a log file that documents all of the steps that I take when creating
a machine. "Install this", "configure that", etc. Any registry
settings are included in the log file in a way that I can just
copy them into a FOO.REG file and install them from there. Then,
delete FOO.REG. Omits typing and reduces chance of typographical
errors.

Also lets you (me) see what is being done -- instead of HOPING
everything has been done.

Anyway there are tons of Google hits with all the info you need