Kevin Falconer

Default presario 4764 power supply start up ?

what are the specs on this system? Im guessing its an AT computer. Does
the power switch stay in when you press it or is it a momentary switch?
If it stays in, then you have a AT which makes it easier. You can just
plug in a hard drive (to give it load) and turn on the psu. If that
doesnt work,then its either your hdd or the psu.

bfriendl, the switch on front is just a momentary switch, it's a
sleepmode switch. The PSU has a rocker switch on the back for on/off
I think. I'll
probably call compaq. I thought I ordered this from compaq but I think
it
was PC/finder ? but the PSU has compaq on it. I suppose I'll try
compaq
but they charge also for their tech info. If i knew for a fact this
PSU did
not require a turn on signal from the board I would just call the
shipper and tell them I'm sending it back, but if it's good I'd just
be wasting more time.
The p1 and p2 connectors are like this ------ ------ then one other
connector in the middle of board ------
the green wire I was told to jumper to ground is in the 6 pin
connector in the center of the board, i think this is p9 connector

Kevin