Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Colin Horsley Colin Horsley is offline

Default PING: HP laserjet experts Help!

On 21/02/2016 17:22, Trevor Wilson wrote:
I have an ancient HP Color Laserjet 3600N, I picked up a few months
back. Nice printer. So nice, that after a few months, I took the plunge
and bought a bunch of toner cartridges for the thing. As luck would have
it, it has just thrown up a fuser error (50.8). At first, the error was
intermittant, now it is permanent. Questions:

* Service data source?
* Can the fuser be repaired? The cost of a fuser here in Australia is
astronomical?
* Is the fuser a 230VAC one (Australia is a 230VAC nation), or can I
just buy a new fuser (or re-built one) from eBay?
* I assume there is some kind of feedback system (NTC or PTC element)
and that is what has failed, rather than the heater (the fuser still
gets hot)?

Any suggestions will be welcome. After spending almost 300 Bucks on
toner, I am keen to keep this sucker going for another few years. I'd
prefer not to spend 500 Bucks on a new fuser though.

TIA

Anything useful here for you?

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/?pr...e arch=Search

Colin