Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default (dry) "Fitted stone" facades

On 2/20/2016 11:14 PM, wrote:

Last year, "fresh" oranges until June (out of the refrigerator)
and (frozen) OJ until October. This year, we'll probably make
it through December with the OJ.

(Having a very large freezer helps!)

Guess I am just not cut out to be a farmer.

I'm not, either! I enjoy the lemons in my tea (more than a gallon gone,
already). Also used in a couple of meals we prepare. The blood oranges
were "mine, exclusively" (juiced). I used to look forward to a tall glass
each morning!

The limes are good for making lime sherbet and ceviche. But, before
the OLD tree fell victim to the cold, we would drop off ~40-50 pounds
at the laundry at the local hospital (mexican workers would suck on
lime slices while working) -- a little lime goes a LONG way (though,
if you let them get *overly* ripe, they become very mellow and sweet!)

The pomegranate "experiment" was a failure. Despite seeing them
grow like weeds in a neighbor's yard (who just lets the fruit ROT
on the trees!)

Nor any luck with the artichokes.

Our hope is the new *dwarf* navels mature quickly and we can rely
on them instead of the single semidwarf. Likewise, lose the valencia
and replace it with a blood orange. All genuine dwarfs so we can
protect them from the cold, easier (the semidwarfs are too big to
cover -- 4 king size sheets sewn together per tree).