Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Windows 10

On 02/20/2016 06:25 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/20/2016 4:23 PM, philo wrote:
On 02/20/2016 03:08 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/20/2016 1:16 PM, philo wrote:
Getting right to the point, the people I worked with were mentally
disabled, so
if they could figured things out without a problem
I bet the kids you deal with could too.

How do I create a table heading that spans two columns?
How do I set the shading for every other row to be light/dark?
How do I import this photo that I downloaded from Wikipedia
into my report?
How do I print JUST page 3 of my report?
How do I connect to the printer that my host/foster family has
installed at their house?

None of the above can be accomplished by Windows or Linux on their
own, all
that kind of stuff is dependent on which application you are using.

Exactly. The OS is just a scaffolding.

Now, how do I run Office 2K13 on Linux?

Never figured kids would need much more than a word processor.
I had no idea you were talking about running spread sheets which I
thought was college level.

Microsoft Office will need to run on Windows machines and will cost
quite bit of money. I thought you just had a small budget, but if you
have a lot of money then sure, get Win10 machines and all necessary
software.

That said, even if you have a large budget, why waste money?

You should easily be able to purchase a new machine with Win10
installed, for less money than you could build yourself and purchase the
OS separately.

It's for that very reason that I rarely build machines any more, I just
refer my friends to Dell. Thus far, zero complaints/