Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Windows 10

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 13:37:38 -0500, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| You CAN turn off virtually all the spyware by doing a custom install
| (during upgrade) and answering NO to everything

No, you can't. Read my links. It's intrusive
by design. People would like to think they can
fix it because that would make life a lot easier,
but it's just not the case.

When you finish reading those links, here's
another one that's even more surprising, from
just a couple of weeks ago.

https://voat.co/v/technology/comments/835741

Note the line:

"I have chosen the customized installation option
where I disabled three pages of tracking options."

Over 5,000 calls out in 8 hours! There's been some
criticism that that may be a high number because the
author blocked the attempts to go out, so some may
have been multiples. Even so, it tried to call out to
numerous IPs after all available privacy options had
been selected.

What utility did he use to determine there were 5000 "callouts" in 8
hours?
What (not spamware laded) utility can I run to see what is happening
on mine???