Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT Windows 10

On 2/20/2016 1:16 PM, philo wrote:
Getting right to the point, the people I worked with were mentally disabled, so
if they could figured things out without a problem
I bet the kids you deal with could too.

How do I create a table heading that spans two columns?
How do I set the shading for every other row to be light/dark?
How do I import this photo that I downloaded from Wikipedia
into my report?
How do I print JUST page 3 of my report?
How do I connect to the printer that my host/foster family has
installed at their house?

The learning curve going (for example) from XP to Win8

Is considerably higher than in going to Linux.

I put the stuff they needed, such as an Internet browser and they just got
right to work.

Maybe you should just set a machine up with a simple distribution such as Puppy
Linux ...and see how it goes.

And *which* student should get that machine?
Will his first period teacher be accommodating (whereas all the
other students are working under Windows)?
What about his second period teacher? Third period? etc.
What about the teachers he has for the second half of the year?
Or, next year?
Or, at the NEW SCHOOL that he's now attending (because a space
in a foster home in a different school district on the other
side of town opened up, suddenly)?