Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On 2/20/2016 2:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Seat/shoulder belt kept me from slamming into my steering wheel at the
moment of impact ... bus can't have been backing at more than 5-10
mph, but
that was enough to mangle front bumper, grille, radiator, hood, and both
front fenders.

Turns out it was a Driver Training bus with Student Bus Driver and
Training
Instructor aboard, and Instructor had instructed Trainee (goodness knows
why) to back up ... . Instructor filled out accident report acknowledging
full financial responsibility, and the bus company ultimately covered
full
cost of necessary repairs.

No belt, though, and I'd likely have smashed driving glasses, nose, and
teeth against my steering wheel, with manifold unpleasant consequences.

Ever heard of a crumple zone?

Ever been hit by another vehicle? You still get jolted.