Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Crack repair in drywall

Doug Miller writes:

"TomR" wrote in :

In ,
typed:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:01:23 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Little chance its water damage, however, it is possible that there
was some structural work done in this area before I owned the
house. We think there had once been a wall between the living room
and the kitchen that wall was removed, and if so it would have
stood right about there.

And it was likely a "load bearing" wall. There is definitely a
structural issue there somewhere - the problem is a lot deeper than
just drywall.

How do you know it was a load bearing wall from the photo?

Because removing a non-load-bearing wall wouldn't produce damage that
extensive.

I think you've hit the bulls eye.

The crack looks like load bearing wall was removed.
The ceiling and wall are moving.

--
Dan Espen