Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old metal screwdrivers

Cydrome Leader fired this volley in news:na85c8
:

Not sure about xcelite, but lots of screwdriver handles are acetate. No
plasticizers in there. Do you have something that off-gasses around

your
tools?

Nah... it's specific to Xcelite tools. I've been experiencing this since
the 1960s, and I have lots of other brands that don't do it.

This is Florida. 90% humidity, and temps in the 90s, ALL SUMMER LONG.

And it is a fungus, but an innocuous one, apparently. No stink, but
under magnification, you can see the fruiting bodies.

Lloyd