Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Here's a fun new metalworking/robotics/mechanics project

On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:08:31 -0600, "Terry Coombs"

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 12:18:25 PM UTC-5, Larry Jaques
wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/z56msjj

I'd love to build a scaled version of one of these little beauties.
Specs are outstanding. I wonder what diesel engine they're using.
Is this the first diesel hybrid plugin? I don't recall seeing one
before.

For tracks you can use tires with the sidewall cut off. And use two
air cooled engines instead of trying to find a differential. Or
maybe use one engine driving a pump and two hydraulic motors.

Dan

ISTR a truck tire that used tread replacement units , you deflated the
tire , swapped the band , and re-inflated . Bet those would work better , no
fish-hooks from the steel belt . Just can't remember what they were called -
Bandag maybe ?

Tanks, I'll googlit.

--
No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man at the mercy
of a bad, while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows;