Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_10_] Muggles[_10_] is offline

Default Glub-Glub sink drain "physics" question?

On 2/19/2016 1:04 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 23:54:59 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 00:39:14 -0500,
wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 23:24:25 -0600, Muggles

wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:00:26 -0800 (PST),
wrote:
What do you put down the sink drain that can cause
clogs? Soap and water normally don't cause a clog.
In 50+ years of home ownership, I've never heard of a
bathroom sink clog. Grease in a kitchen sink
perhaps, but not a bathroom sink.

Hair.

+1
It usually ends up in the trap at my house.
I think it is the combination of hair, toothpaste and the various
creams you ladies run down the sink that does it.

I keep a drain strainer in all my sinks to catch the hair. I've also
got one of those long thin plastic things that has like serrated
edges up both sides... if a clog happens, put that thing down the
sink and pull. It catches the hair clog and you can often just pull
the hair clog out.

I can't remember what the plastic tool is called, though.

I have seen them on TV. I just use a piece of brazing rod with a hook
on the end.

I had to look up what a brazing rod is, and I don't have any of those. lol

--
Maggie