Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time

In article ,
Clive George wrote:

WEll if never hving been in overall debt at anytime in my life is being
a failure, so be it.

Most people understand that it is often appropriate to take on debt to
be a success. That's what investment is all about.

I had debt when I bought this house. Taking that debt on has paid off
handsomely - ie it's cost me less to maintain the debt than the
alternatives would have cost.

On the other hand, taking on debt to buy a house (mortgage) is considered
"normal". In the 38 years since I bought this house the value has increase
about 20x. The big debt I took on is tiny by modern standards.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England