Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time

On 19/02/2016 13:13, JoeJoe wrote:

Just think what you had to do and how old you were before you got the
keys to your first house/flat. I was 28...

Owned, or rented? First shared house I was in when I was 18, first
nonshared (assuming gf doesn't count as shared) when I was 25, first
owned 27. There was three years of university/parents in between.

What did I have to do for all of those? Nothing apart from earn enough
to pay the rent/mortgage. The move from shared to non-shared was largely
a matter of personal circumstances, move from rented to owned when I had
a stable enough job.

All of them were nicer than what many people get offered for social
housing, both in terms of quality of house and location. I wouldn't have
wanted the "free" housing you appear to be so jealous of.