Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snaking a tub

On 2/19/2016 7:11 AM, Al Borland wrote:
On 02/19/2016 04:59 AM, wrote:
Would appreciate any tips on how to get past whatever is preventing
the snake from making progress.

Thanks in advance.

You need the Binford 6100 power auger with the carbide tip.

New model has a 220 VAC motor, and plugs in to
the kitchen range socket, so it has lots of power.

I was going to suggest crank in one direction,
then the other. Some times a left crank will
go places a right crank will not.

One time I did snake a kitchen drain. Took a LOT
of cable, and aparently had a hard time going
around a couple elbows. But, persistence got
through. It did not properly paid off. I worked
on it three hours. Asked the guy for $50, he
handed me $15. I explained. That got another
$5. He said only "I got bills to pay". And I
will never work for that guy again.

--
..
Christopher A. Young