Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ridgid, Grizzly, or other 6" Jointer?

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 12:50:18 PM UTC-6, dpb wrote:

It's far more
useful to go get some work done than it is to wait for the ultimate,
most expensive solution.

Isn't that the truth. I have seen so many (especially hobbyists) paralyze themselves by waiting for a product that will make up for their lack of skills. Sometimes it isn't even a more expensive solution, just the simple promise that a new tool is coming out. With so many solutions out there for almost any woodworking challenge, unless you spot a tool that will be a backbone of your construction technique there isn't much of a reason to wait on a new product.

This is even more true when you stop and consider how many actual hours of usage said tool will face in a year's worth of work. To me it is almost always better to find an immediate solution and get to work on the product.

Robert