Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_10_] Muggles[_10_] is offline

Default Companies that Stand Behind Their Products

On 2/18/2016 1:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 1:38:33 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/18/2016 8:40 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

While each of the issues (other than the incorrect oil) are minor when
viewed individually, 3 problems caused by 3 different employees could
indicate a systemic problem with the management of the shop. To put my
concerns in writing, I used the feedback utility on the company's website.
After I submitted the form, there was a message saying "Thank you for your
feedback. One of our representatives will respond within 48 hours."

It has been now been 5 days and no one has contacted me. I will be
following up, this time adding their non-responsiveness to my list of
issues.

I don't imagine you will be goin back either. Certainly sounds like they
don't care.

Not unless they send me a ton of free oil change coupons. At that point I'll
try a different location to see how it goes.

The grease and the billing error were kind of acceptable mistakes...things happen. The only real downside was that it took 2-3 times longer than it
should have for both oil changes and I am not a patient man.

The most recent error was a bit more serious. It was the first time I had
taken SWMBO's Honda Element into that location. That meant that they had to
add the vehicle to my account. When he came out with the bill, he told me
that he had entered the wrong model but that it didn't matter, because the
engines are the same and they use the same oil. I calmly (as much as I could)
told him that a Honda Pilot does not have the same engine as a Honda Element,
nor does the Element use 5W-30 oil. "Oh, I used 5W-20, not 5W-30, it just
says that on the bill."

I then calmly (sort of) handed him the keys back and told him to re-do the
oil change (including the filter) and to make sure that the next bill he gave
me had all the correct information on it. I keep all the maintenance records
my vehicles and I didn't need a bill showing an oil change for a vehicle that
I not own.

When I got home I (calmly) logged into their website and informed them of my
experiences. I'll give them one more day to respond. If I don't see a response
by tomorrow morning, I'll be on the phone with their corporate office.

Awesome! I'd probably respond in a similar way about contacting corporate.

--
Maggie