Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 05:32:56 -0000, Your Name wrote:

In article , Ed
Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/21/2016 10:22 PM, Your Name wrote:
In article , Ed
Pawlowski wrote:

I don't think phones should be banned, but drivers must be educated.
There are times I call home to see what's for dinner, other time I would
ignore it due to traffic conditions..

Yep, because finding out "what's for dinner" is so Earth-shatteringly
important that it can't wait to be done when parked somewhere sensible
or when you actually get home. :-\

Well, I have to plan what wine to open. Where I call there is no
traffic to speak of. What I don't do is make a sales call or tech
support call when in fast moving heavy traffic. That is very
distracting. Oh, it is also hands free but that is a minor difference
in attention span.

Unless you're planning to also stupidly open the bottle while driving
the car, there's absolutely no reason it can't wait until you get home
or park at the wine shop. :-\

Do you ever look at your speedometer? Change gear perhaps? Those are no less distracting than using a phone. Humans can multitask, driving already requires several things to be done at once. Adding one more doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

--
My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed.
I turned to her and said, "Do you want to have sex?"