Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Bosch dishwasher sku53e05uc /14

Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
So my inlet valve burst and i bought a replacement. Turned off my
kitchen breaker, removed the old valve and as i was installing the new
valve the wires touched, sparked and went dead. Apparently the washer
wasn't on that circuit. Apparently. I finished connecting the
terminals and water but when i hit the power button all the cycle
lights turn on and it just humms. Hitting the start cycle has no
effect. Anyone know what i borked?

I think as a rule DW is all by itself on a separate circuit. Likewise
fridge too. Bad habit not double checking the power with a meter after
you turn the breaker off. My dish washer cord has a plug, I just unplug
it when I need to work on it.

I am afraid the control board got a hit. See if you can find any thing
on Youtube. We have a Bosch DW but different model. If you need
any parts, repairclinic is a good place to check.