Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default Lit up the list (reference to switchboard calls)

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 7:54:38 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
In spite of my starve the troll pledge, the list sure
came to life for a couple days. Guess not much I can
do about it.

Yesterday my parents' heat went out. I went there to
check it out. Lit a couple burners on the stove, for
temporary heat.

Turns out the Peerless boiler was unheated. I checked
two limit switches (thermal disks) which were OK.
Wiggled a few wires, turned the power back on. The
machine hummed and clicked, and the three burners
came back on. After a while, heat started to flow
to the house. Still not totally sure what was wrong.
Will follow up if the heat goes out again.

At what distance was that service call? Your post title has nothing to do with your post...is there a point to that?