Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Internet Troll

"Don Y" wrote in message

stuff snipped

It's almost a rapist mentality in the way
nym-shifters want to force themselves on people. So sad.

frown I am very hesitant to draw any analogies to "rape".

I did try to decribe that it's the mentality of a rapist but not comparable
to the act of rape which is obviously much more horrible. But bypassing
filters by name shifting really is at the shallow end of the same continuum:
"I will force myself on you whether you want me to or not." Why anyone
would want to take the chance of labeling themselves as such a vile person
astounds me. And yet, with another email change, that's nearly an
inescapable conclusion.

I've had several friends who've been raped and it is apparently
a very traumatic experience -- the mere word having very strong
associations.

Yes, and to that end I am sorry if it seemed I was comparing the two acts
(trolling and rape) as equivalent. That was not my intent. I wanted to
note that they are two actions on the same plane of people forcing
themselves on others who want nothing to do with them.

Was it that movie with Glen Close and Michael Douglas with the rabbit scene
where she said "I will NOT be ignored!" Same sort of craziness, I fear.

--
Bobby G.