Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Companies that Stand Behind Their Products

On 2/17/2016 11:33 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
The problem with the case I bought was that it was not as long as described. I
purchased it from one of Browning preferred online dealers, because it's much
cheaper to buy it that way than from Browning directly. The length of the case
was very important because the rifle is long, and that's not even taking the
scope into account.

I spoke to Browning, more to tell them about the problem because I had already
arranged to send it back to the retailer I purchased it from. Browning sent me
a shipping label and once they received the case, immediately sent out a new
one, which they measured before sending it. Worked for me.

Manufacturers have a stake in their customer's happiness -- at
least if they want to remain viable and respected (not all do,
apparently).

We bought a mattress+boxspring, recently (from that national chain
that has been buying up all its competitors). It arrived wrapped in
plastic inside a *box*.

Delivery gorillas removed it from box out in the street. Why they didn't
carry the semi-rigid box up to the front door and unpack it THERE is
a mystery to me!

Now they've got a large, bulky, "flexible" item in a slick, LOOSE plastic
wrapper that they have to somehow manhandle up to the front door and then
through the house to the bedroom. They weren't out of the street before
they had ripped the plastic and dropped the mattress into the dirt
(having rained earlier)!

And, were annoyed that we noted the condition on delivery -- instead of
just signing on the dotted line.

That wunnerful (sarcasm, here!) national chain said that was not
acceptable and we were justified in our dissatisfaction. "We'll send
out a replacement tomorrow!" (or maybe it was two days later?)

Replacement arrives. I greet the truck in the roadway -- just like
the previous.

Hmmm... this mattress is NOT in a box. And, the plastic wrapping looks
like it isn't original. OK, don't jump to conclusions... they may have
a reason for this!

Get the REPLACEMENT mattress in the house and, "Gee, look at that?
It's (top layer) actually been TORN!" And, they want me to think it
came from the manufacturer that way? grin

So, we refused the delivery. Now we're stuck with the original soiled
mattress.

Talk to manufacturer. They are upset that one of their "agents" has
tarnished their "user experience" and will GLADLY ship us out a
replacement cover (it's a sort of quilt that zips off -- with a bit of
work). "Please place the old cover in the box that the replacement
arrives in and use the preprinted shipping label to return it to us."

We bought another "set" just last week. You can bet we didn't
use that "national chain that has been buying up all of its
competitors"! :