Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default Returning to that Scope SMPS Problem...

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 18:27:50 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

Hi again,

I know I said I was going to mothball this scope for the time being, but
I keep thinking of new things to try and just can't leave the damn thing
alone. It struck me I ought to next check out the main transformer
because if that's toast, the whole psu might as well be binned. I think I
*may* be on to something.

Here's the circuit again:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128859...in/dateposted-
public/

By the way......I very strongly doubt that this assembly was issued
from the factory with transistor sockets. I would be suspicious of any
substitutions made here, as they are ripe for error, even if only for
part lead identification.

The low voltage square-plate ceramics (63V to 150V) referred to
elsewhere are visibly in use on this unit, in the photos supplied. The
location of the two suspect parts is not visible/identifiable.

If you have a bill of materials, listing a 500VDC requirement, perhaps
you might distribute this as well? Wondering where it came from, if
not from a service manual? It's possible that tempcos may be
specified, if only indirectly, in the part numbers listed.

Philips didn't pick part numbers out of a hat, or junk box.

RL