Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Companies that Stand Behind Their Products

On 2/16/2016 6:28 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

I have always done the same. I feel that if one receives exceptional service,
a compliment is due. It doesn't take much at all, but seems to be something
many people find unexpected.

I guess my cynicism shows in that I expect very little, nowadays.
So, when someone does a merely *adequate* job, it's as if it was
"exceptional".

It's sad to have to explicitly "reward" what should be NORMAL service.
But, I figure their employer probably isn't noticing ($$) so I can
at least do my little bit to acknowledge their efforts.

Note that it doesn't even have to be some specific act. Often,
simply being "understanding" about the situation THEY are in goes
a long way.

I was at a local department store and questioned a price on an item
("Isn't this supposed to be on sale?"). Over the next 10-15 minutes,
no less than 5 people were involved in trying to sort out the weekly
print ad, store website and prices marked on the floor.

They actually THANKED me for being good natured about it! It was
obvious that SOMETHING was screwed up (in "the system") and, rather
than falling into the role of "irate customer", I patiently waited
as they tried to sort out how to get me what it seemed I was due.

I'd imagine that they have enough of the "irate customer" experiences
and welcomed the fact that this wasn't one of them!

I order my coffee from an online company some ways up the road from me. If you
order before 8am, the coffee is roasted and shipped out that day. I once sent
them an email complimenting their service and they seemed quite surprised that
someone would take the time to do that.