Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Draining Hot Water Heaters

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:28:10 -0600, SeaNymph
wrote:

I apologize if this was discussed before my time.

We have an 85 gallon Marathon water heater, which I really like. I've
read different things about periodically training water heaters and I
don't know what to believe.

I'm not sure if its necessary, just wondering what others think.

And if for some reason you do let the water out, turn the electricity
off first. If it's empty and the heater goes on, it wiill burn out
within a few minutes. Elements can be replaced, but why let it
happen.

Kibble works well for training. Don't give it the kibble until the
water is actually hot.