Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Dremel/mototool "bits"

On 2/16/2016 7:32 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 18:55:50 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

I tend to use my (off-brand) mototool as a grinder/minirouter.
So, most of the 8,000 bits in these "kits" are useless sanding
disks, sanding drums, etc. Essentially useless for my needs.

I'd like to buy a similar "kit" of USEFUL (to me) metal bits. Like:

http://www.harborfreight.com/diamond-point-rotary-bit-set-20-pc-69653.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-carbon-steel-rotary-rasp-set-10-pc-68830.html

though I am always leary of HF's quality.

Any other sources of similar "bits"? Or, experiences with either
of the above?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...30,43409,43425

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43072,43086

These appear to be "abrasive" (as in "gritty"). I was hoping for
something more along the lines of:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/940/215/579/579215940_461.jpg

I want to be able to aggressively remove material -- within the constraints
of the dinky abilities of such a tool.

In the past, I've used this to:
- "route" channels for wires between dimensioned lumber and drywall
- reshape a weep hole in the bottom (metal) pan of swamp cooler
- shape PVC parts to specific contours
- remove high spots on (installed!) aluminum and copper flashing
etc.

I.e., places where "fineness of finish" isn't as important as
"(re)moving a lot in a little time"