Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default If you need any electric motor

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 11:54:08 AM UTC-6, philo wrote:
On 02/16/2016 11:33 AM, bob_villain wrote:

Fortunately for our customers I did not have to get the motor start
capacitors from Grainger, since our National Parts Center bought them by
the truckload, they didn't cost much. I think our list price for one of
the bigger ones was $55. When someone here mentioned a repairman charged
them $200, it reminded me of the $2000 toilet quote I once got.

I've stated this before...I bought from Grainger with a corporate account (1hp+motor) and found a Dayton motor at Fleet Farm that was identical for $80 less! I told them on their website and they gave no response...so much for customer *care*!

The funniest one I ran into was one guy always complained about his
repair ticket and because I knew that, charged him a bit less than
normal, just to get him to shut up...but he still kept complaining.

Finally, I took the paperwork back from him and crossed all the prices
out, returned it and told him to just fill in the prices himself!

He then told me the truth and said he was only allowed to spend so much
money a day and he'd get reprimanded if he signed for bills over $300.

We then worked out an agreement where every bill I submitted would be
under $300 so I'd usually have him sign two separate work orders...each
with a different date!

Our limit was $200 on a single item! And it didn't change in 16 years! They finally had to sell their holdings in the US (Canadian) because of lawsuits in about 6 states.
We had suppliers/service that would split-bill as you did.