Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Mail box security?

On 2/16/2016 10:47 AM, KenK wrote:
Don Y wrote in
:

On 2/15/2016 11:34 AM, Frank wrote:

I put my mail out in the morning and never leave it overnight. We
had a neighborhood thief, now in jail, but there could be others.

Most of my problems are with the mail carrier giving my mail to
someone else and me getting someone else's mail. I got a check once
that had been opened, envelope stapled back together, and sent to me.

Post office makes most of their profit from the junk mailers and all
their loose crap can cause problems with stuff you want.

Speaking of which, our local paper sent out a notice that several
times a year, the paper would cost an extra dollar because of all the
extra ads.

Readers want to strangle them.

Local paper BEGS people to subscribe. A sunday paper (97.2663% ads)
was just left for us last week -- along with an "invitation" to a FREE
2 month subscription (just give us your email address and street
address).

"No thanks" (we can get the news from a variety of sources -- to
counter any "local spin" -- along with ads for any of the places we
are LIKELY to visit. Why have to throw out a stack of paper each week
for stuff that we can get elsewhere?)

But then you lose your 'free' daily sudoku and crossword!

I have a Sudoku app.

And, I'm LOUSY at crosswords! (Pretty good at Jumbles, though!)