Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dremel/mototool "bits"

Don Y wrote:
I tend to use my (off-brand) mototool as a grinder/minirouter.
So, most of the 8,000 bits in these "kits" are useless sanding
disks, sanding drums, etc. Essentially useless for my needs.

I'd like to buy a similar "kit" of USEFUL (to me) metal bits. Like:

http://www.harborfreight.com/diamond-point-rotary-bit-set-20-pc-69653.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-carbon-steel-rotary-rasp-set-10-pc-68830.html

though I am always leary of HF's quality.

Any other sources of similar "bits"? Or, experiences with either
of the above?

I have a bigger set of the HF diamond points . Don't overheat them or the
diamonds fall off . Otherwise I've had good success using them . The one
that came apart was sharpening a chain saw when that happened .

--
Snag