lbbs

Default Radio Volume goes crazy? Maybe a short? (mini-van)

I am not sure but I think it is digital. It has a rotating knob and a
digital display that shows number of notches of volume you are at. It is
a wind sport 2001 with no more warranty. Not sure of model number of
radio, I would have to take the radio out to actually see the model stamped
on the unit. So what you are saying is that most likely if there is a
short, it would be somewhere near the ratio, but not in the wiring going to
the speakers. Any tips how to locate a short? I guess it could be
something obvious like a visibly loose connection or could be something
else less obvious.

"RubbishRat" wrote in message
Hi,
Does this radio have a digital or analogue (rotating knob) control for the
volume?
It would help the group if you could give more specific details about the
set itself ( Makers name model No ) I think there is a loose or

temperature
sensitive connection inside the set although if it's all digital the bad
connection just might be outside, It's not likely to be anything to do

with
the speakers. If there is a short in the speaker wiring then the output

amps
will burn up.
Best of Luck,
Pete

"lbbs" wrote in message
We have a Winstar mini van, 4 years old. Most days when I listen to
radio the volume all of a sudden goes full volume (or sometimes off).

In
the summer time I had a different problem. The radio station would
switch all of a sudden to a different channel. Or it would switch from

cd
to radio, all on it's own. Could a short in the wiring that going to

the
speakers, cause such a problem? This van has been in a medium front

end
collision (damage in the rad and bumper area), and has been fixed. As

far
as I know there is no wiring relating to the radio that goes anywhere

neat
the front of the van. I would like to find the least expensive way to

fix
it. If it is a short, I could take out the radio unit and see if I

can
find a short. Any ideas? Thanks.