Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pad-lifting

Ralph Mowery wrote:

"MJC" wrote in message
In article , elson@pico-
systems.com says...
The problem is not the cost of ONE connector, but the distributors

make you buy 160 pieces minimum order! That does get expensive.

As a private individual repairing my own kit I have met that problem
too. If you can find a sympathetic salesperson you could try asking for
a "sample"...

Some of that has aslways been a sore spot with me. The companies should be
required to sell any parts to an individual to do their own repair.
I went with a man to help him pick up some boat motor parts. A man off the
street wanted to buy some small part of about $ 20. They would not sell it
to him. So we bought the part and then sold it to him. If not for us, he
would have had a hard time getting that part.

I have called some companies and received small parts with no problem.
Needed a special transistor for a $ 1500 radio. Called Icom and ordered two
of them and the postage and parts was about $ 5. No rip off at all from
them.

Wow, fair pricing and avialable parts? Glad I just got an Icom radio. Just
tore it apart too- the construction is excellent- reminds me of late 1990s
Motorola radios in the attention to detail and ease of service.