Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 05:13:04 -0000, Don Y wrote:

On 2/13/2016 2:54 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 21:48:44 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/13/2016 08:25 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

How absurd. Don't the Canadians trust the Americans? If it was ok in
one country, it's ok in another one.

How absurd is it that I have two motorcycles that are only legal in 49
states? That doesn't mean I can't ride through California but I couldn't
register them in the state.

Very absurd. All states should have the same laws.

Well, given that most of our states are bigger than your *country*, I guess
it would be comparable to saying Brits, French, Danes, Swedes, Germans,
Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese, Austrians,... (you get the picture;
I think I've named less than half the land area of the USA) should
have the same laws, same language, same currency, same *leader*, etc.?

Since the leaders are different, it's reasonable to have different laws. But you only have one president. By all means have different laws, but have different governments too.

Given that Europe had a long headstart on these things (vs our ~300 years),
you'd figure you'd already have ALL of that down pat, eh?

So you're admitting you're just young uns?

Good luck convincing the rest of the Continent!

Unfortunately we are beginning to go your way with the EU ****. They impose stupid laws which all the member countries have to abide by, although some seem to get away with ignoring them.

--
We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not compromised. We are associated, but not absorbed.
And should a European statesman address us and say "Shall we speak for thee?", we should reply "nay sir, for we dwell among our own people".