Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 04:52:09 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 21:54:44 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 21:48:44 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/13/2016 08:25 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

How absurd. Don't the Canadians trust the Americans? If it was ok in
one country, it's ok in another one.

How absurd is it that I have two motorcycles that are only legal in 49
states? That doesn't mean I can't ride through California but I couldn't
register them in the state.

Very absurd. All states should have the same laws.

And why is that??? Differing conditions in differing states may make
what is sensible in one state totally unsensible in another. Road
conditions, weather conditions, social sensibilities, etc.

For example "road trains" can make perfect sense in Nevada, where
allowing them in California or Oregon would be total lunacy. - and the
highway laws reflect that.

Agreed, but a lot of the laws that are different are not to do with differing conditions. They're things which are equal everywhere, like age of consent, smoking weed, etc.

--
Confucius say: "Foolish man give wife grand piano. Wise man give wife upright organ."