Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ridgid, Grizzly, or other 6" Jointer?

On 2/14/2016 3:21 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Leon wrote:

I think "if" I replaced mine I might look at the SuperMax, IIRC.
IIRC Jet bought Performax several years ago, just after I bought my
Performax, and sell it under the Jet and Powermatic name now. IIRC
the Jet was identical except for the name to my Performax

Supermax are the same folks who started Performax with the accessory that
mounted on a RAS. Nice folks, always responsive.

HUH! and no I know! I did notice that Jet is really getting onto this
type machinery and even some of their sanders closely resemble the SuperMax.

Oh BTY I was not pointing fingers at you about the difficulty you were
having with the slides or indicate that you were incapable of figuring
things out. Initially I had problems with the up/down thing too. BUT I
also had problems with pronouncing certain words until I learned and I
did not request that the words be spelled differently so that I could
say them. ;~) My comments were aimed more at those that do not do any
woodworking and try to tell us the best way to do so.