Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default push pull transistor pairs

On 15/02/2016 10:27 AM, John-Del wrote:
On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 3:55:34 PM UTC-5, Trevor Wilson
wrote: .......For my part, I am presently servicing a Sansui amp from
the
1980s. It is proving extremely difficult locating suitable output
devices, without installing flat pack devices in place of the
original TO3s. The client wants the amp to perform as original....

Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

So he wants it to sound like a bucket of ****. Good for him. What
are the output numbers?

**A "bucket of ****"? No. In fact, in going condition I'd put his amp up
against a slew of modern amps. Sansui built some excellent products in
the old days (along with some absolute ****). The model on the bench is
AU-X1. The output devices a 2SC2493 & 2SA1068. 100W, 150V, 10A,
35MHz. I require 6 of each. If I can't locate some in the next few
weeks, I'll persuade the client into allowing me to use flat packs.

I may have pair or two left. I used to do a
lot of Sansewer back then. Loved the ones (G series?) that would
short the outputs and burn everything all the way back to the speaker
selector switch and burn that too. Fixed a lot of those dumpster
fires.

**No doubt about it, the G series, along with others were crap. The
AU-X1, however, is a completely different animal. Expensively built,
using lots of expensive components, with decent sound quality and a high
secondary market value. IOW: It is worth restoring.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---