Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 02/14/2016 12:57 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
It can be safer to cross the street in the middle of a block. Only 2
directions to check for traffic, rather than 4.

Absolutely. Many days I walk over to a shopping center during lunch.
There is a 4-way stop on the way with no marked pedestrian crosswalk on
any of the legs. I find it much safer to cross in the middle of the
block where I can see approaching vehicles from both directions rather
than threading my way through the intersection where some drivers will
be turning in either direction and others going straight.

I've been dealing with that particular intersection for 16 years and
haven't got hit once