Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT auto glass cleaning

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 13:28:36 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 2/14/2016 9:38 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 19:24:44 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Anyone have any secret (cleaning) solutions or techniques?

I use sudsy ammonia in warm water with a micro fiber cloth.
Wash the glass, and then wipe with a clean damp micro fiber cloth.

SWMBO has a problem with ammonia. We've tried Windex w/o ammonia
but it was no better than *with*.

I'm going to try the stuff we use on the house windows -- if
it will "spray" well. But, I think the real problem is the
drying/removal.

The stuff I use doesn't have the ugly fumes like regular ammonia from
years ago, even scented. I get it locally -- most any grocery store.
It cuts dirt and grime very well. Once cleaned a sliding patio door,
dang if I didn't walk right into the glass 5 minutes later :-)