Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT auto glass cleaning

On 2/14/2016 12:34 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 12:14:38 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 2/14/2016 11:50 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 22:39:45 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 2/13/2016 10:12 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 23:51:57 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/13/2016 9:24 PM, Don Y wrote:

But, no such luck with the car. *Any* car! Windshields
are always a chore cuz of the low attack angle (can't get
to the glass as it nears the dashboard). Other windows are
too small/odd shaped for a squeegee.

And, of course, you never know if you've done a good-enough
job until you get the car out in the sun and try to SEE
through all your invisible smudges! :

Presently using "Invisible Glass" which *seems* to do a good job
but ONLY if you diligently remove ALL traces before it dries.

Next time, I'll try the stuff we use on the house windows
(pour some of it into a spray bottle). Maybe see if I can find a
TINY squeegee with which to apply it; virgin newsprint to dry.

Anyone have any secret (cleaning) solutions or techniques?

If really dirty I do two steps. Step 1. A quick wash with Windex and
paper towels. Usually leaves some streaks.

Step 2 is a microfiber cloth and water. Wet cloth with plain water,
wipe glass. Done. Works better than anything I've ever used. Do it
once a month and you won't need step 1
Vinegar in the water for the first step works pretty good too - and
Phantom really polishes the glass with a normal cloth.

We've tried windex (with and without ammonia), "the pink stuff" (name
slips my mind), vinegar, Invisible Glass, etc. I even tried a
"dry erase eraser" (works pretty good but you need a LOT of elbow
grease; and, hard to get at the inside low edge of the windshield
where you can barely fit your fingertips!)

Phantom appears to be a CA brand.
Nope. Kebro Co in Des Moines Iowa. It is a professional product - not
a consumer product so you won't find it at a big box store.

Note google yields no results -- outside of CA

Kebro Inc., (515) 276-1769, 10110 Douglas Avenue Des Moines IA
50323-7765 USA. Kebro Inc. offers Specialty Clng Plshng/Sanitation
(Mfr), Chemicals and Allied Products related products and services in
Des Moines. Outside Des Moines, call +1.5152761769.

See:
http://www.trademarkia.com/phantom-72394317.html

So, I have to buy from the factory? No retail/wholesale outlets?

Maybe I'll just try some of the autodetailers in town and try to buy
some from their stock (?)