Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default DeWalt 733 planer *thunk*

On 2/14/2016 9:32 AM, dpb wrote:
On 02/13/2016 7:53 PM, Leon wrote:

Now let's talk about your hoarding problem. LOL...

I'm just pulling your leg!

About a year go I was going through my dad's old paperwork and records.
I believe I am going to keep a particular one. It was a change of
ownership license receipt from Oklahoma. This receipt is dated 1949 for
the purchase of a 1941 Buick. ;~)

Do you recall when receipts had a spot for the date and certain
certainties were preprinted? Like 194_, and you fill in the 9.

Oh, that's nothin', Leon! There's the original loan receipt from
1913 my grandfather and his brother took out for $300 to buy the pair of
mules and other homestake gear when they made the big move from Stafford
County (KS) to the place here the following year.

LOL You got me there!

I've also got copies (nearly pristine condition) of the owners books for
the old McCormick-Deering 10-20

http://www.tractorshed.com/photoads/upload/341393_opt.jpg

and the old Twin City 20-35. Don't think (fact am certain ) grandpa
ever pulled three binders at a time, but we still used an identical one
through the early 60s...it finally was sold to a Mennonite farmer when
Dad had his retirement sale in the early '90s; had been out in the shed
ever since.

http://www.digitalhorizonsonline.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/uw/id/3891/rec/1

And that's just a bare sampling of the "stuff" that's still around...

--

Some of those "old" instruction manuals are a delight to read.

My uncle gave me a book on proper maintenance of a vehicle and how to
properly drive a vehicle, back in the early 70's when I was learning to
drive. He kind'a grinned when he handed it to me, he got it from his dad.

I clearly remember that the operator of a vehicle should regularly check
and oil as needed the leather clutch plate on the transmission.

Further it advised that only a "show off" would attempt to drive up an
incline on a road with out downshifting.

Those were different times. ;~)