Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Cold weather adaptation around the house

Per Oren:
Been in the chilly mid-upper 70's around my hood. Guess I'll have to
suffer through it. No winds. Got propane for the grill so I can suffer
through cooking parts of a dead cow for a meal.

It's terrible.

When I had been living in Hawaii for about six years, I was waiting to
go on duty to my nighttime job as assistant manager in a Waikiki hotel.

Was sitting in a tourist trap called "The International Marketplace",
wearing a long-sleeved cardigan sweater and freezing my pasty white butt
off.

Some tourist fresh off the plane from someplace like Broken Pelvis,
Montana chose to sit down on the same bench.

I guess he felt like he had to say something - and his opening line was
"Sure is hot and muggy here...."

In fact, I had never even *heard* of home air conditioning in all the
years I lived in Hawaii....

Went back 40-some years later for a month to look up old acquaintances
and see how their lives came out.

Sure enough, in the B&B I stayed in I had the AC running virtually all
the time I was in the place.

So I guess our bodies adapt...
--
Pete Cresswell