Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 02/13/2016 10:17 PM, wrote:
I wish all OTR drivers thought the same way you do.
Too many ARE on a tight schedule - they have to have their load at the
dock between 3:15 and 4:00 pm tomorrow, and to keep your logbook legal
you cannot lose 20 minutes in the next 14 hours or you have to stop
for the mandated rest period - meaning you will be a few hours late.

The computers weren't around when I was driving so logbooks were a work
of art. In the US, you could only be on for 10 hours.

The guys are felt sorry for were the east coast drivers. Most of their
stuff was short hauls from city to city. Screw around all day getting
loaded, drive all night to get there for a morning delivery, screw
around all day getting loaded... I don't know when they ever slept.